Administrative Systems In Health Care
Healthcare computerized systems can provide administrative functions in the areas of scheduling, admissions, billing, accounting, and human resource management. These systems are used to support the management functions and general operations of the health care organization. Central to the implementation of any administrative computerized system is the readiness of the healthcare organization to address training requirements to ensure patient confidentiality as required by the HIPAA privacy and security standards. In this assignment you will create an action plan to implement training to ensure compliance with these HIPAA standards. Your training action plan will be specific to one of the administrative healthcare systems noted below. Administrative Systems In Health Care
- Review the article “How to Create an Effective Action Plan”.
- Choose one of the administrative healthcare systems below and research the basic functions and purposes of the system.
- Revenue cycle management (RCM) solutions from GE Healthcare
- NextGen Practice Management
- NextGen EDI Services
- API Healthcare
- Arcadia Health Care Solutions
In your Action Plan:
- Describe the function and purpose of the administrative system selected.
- Review the HIMSS Security risk assessment guide/data collection matrix.
- Identify the HIPAA privacy and security concerns specific to your selected system.
- Address at least five HIPAA privacy and security concerns specific to your selected system.
- Describe your plan for archiving and retrieving health information in case of a natural disaster.
- Describe how you will address the information security training requirements for the product you selected.
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following: Administrative Systems In Health Care
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that explains the importance of using administrative systems in health care.
- Include a minimum of two scholarly references, formatted in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your two references cannot be any textbooks or reading cited in this course.
- Must end with a conclusion that explains what you learned in this assignment Administrative Systems In Health Care
Also check: Culturally Congruent Nursing And Health Care