Assignment: Controversial Art And Censorship
Although controversial art is not a topic exclusive to the 20th and 21st centuries, the distribution of information regarding controversial art has increased with the proliferation of media. Choose an example of a controversial work of art from the 20th or 21st centuries from any discipline of the humanities (music, literature, sculpture, film, television, etc.). Then, address the following: Assignment: Controversial Art And Censorship
- Identify the work and the medium.
- Based on your example, to what extent does this work of controversial art make a social contribution?
- What aesthetic value does the work have? How does it reflect the human condition? How does it relate to your life?
- Has this work ever been censored? If so, explain the circumstances.
- Are governments ever justified in censoring art? Why or why not?
- Examine some of the influences of this work of art.
- Argue whether or not this work should be considered art. Explain why using terms learned in this course.
- Include an accompanying statement from the artist(s) and a statement from a critic to support your points. Assignment: Controversial Art And Censorship
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source and 1 primary source)
This activity will be graded based on the W7 Essay Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 2, 4, 6 Assignment: Controversial Art And Censorship
Also check: Epidemiology Paper Requirements