Assignment: Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist Paper
For this assignment, you will locate two research studies related to the topic and PICOT questions that you developed in Week 2. The articles must be current (within the last five years), and one article must be quantitative, and one article must be qualitative.
Article choice is very important, therefore: Assignment: Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist Paper
- Articles used for this assignment cannot be used for the other assignments. The selected articles should be original research studies. Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review articles should not be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1: Complete a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist
- Select one each: qualitative and quantitative research articles.
- Create a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist for the two research articles (one column per article).
- Complete with brief, concise, summarized information.
Part II: Write a summary (one- to two- pages)Assignment: Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist Paper
- Identify differences between quantitative and qualitative designs and research methods.
- Use current APA Style for your summary paper and to cite your sources.
- Submit the checklist and summary.
Stipulate the Importance of this article to you in your practice. APA Style Reference with link APA Style Reference with link Purpose Statement Problem Statement Setting Setting Sample Size N= Participant Size N= Randomized? Yes No Country / Location Country / Location Date of Study Date of Study Data Collection Data Collection (Survey, Longitudinal, Correlation, Causal
(Observations, Interviews, Notes, a/v recordings, etc.) Data Analysis Data Analysis (descriptive, correlation, regressive, etc.) Type of Coding (Open, Axial Selective) Methodology Methodology (Probability: Simple, Stratified, Cluster, Systematic;
Non-Probability: Convenience, Consecutive, Quota, Snowball, Judgmental)
(Phenomenological, Ethnographic, Grounded Theory, Case Study, Historical, Narrative)
Rapid Critical Appraisal (RCA) Comparisons
Page 1 of 2
Stipulate the Importance of this article to you in your practice.
Hypothesis / Null Hypothesis
Easy to Find? Yes No
Easy to Find? Yes No [Null]
[If no hypothesis or research question is given, state the research aim, objective or purpose]
Research Questions and Sub Questions Reliability and Validity Independent variable(s) & definition (experimental studies) Research variables (nonexperimental studies) Dependent variables Easy to Find? Yes No
Tools & definition
Findings (Results) Findings (Outcomes) Relevance / Relevance / Significance to Significance to Nursing Nursing Practice Practice Additional Additional Thoughts, Thoughts, Comments, Comments, Contributions Contributions
Also check: RN Comprehensive Predictor paper