Community Health Field Experience
Task 1: Social Media Campaign
Part of cultural competency is advocating for sensitive patient populations with regard to health issues or needed improvements in the community. A big part of advocacy is uncovering effective stories discovered in your community assessment. Equally important is understanding how to broadcast your discoveries to the larger community. In our society today, social media is a powerful leveraging tool to get a story out, build support, and demonstrate advocacy.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality. Community Health Field Experience
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Part 1: Field Experience Project Submission
Note: Your timelog must be submitted with your assessment. If both are not submitted at the same time, your task may be returned to you without evaluation.
A. Submit a completed “Community Health Field Experience Timelog” by doing the following:
1. Include the date of each activity.
2. Include a brief description of each activity.
3. Include the name of the contact person, a working phone number, and a full physical address.
Note: If an email address is available for the contact person, you may choose to include it.
4. Include the number of hours spent on each activity (not including preparation time).
5. Describe how each activity relates to your selected Field Experience topic.
6. Record a total of 90 hours that meet each of the following requirements:
● 65 student planned activity hours based on the attached “Field Experience Activities List”
● a maximum of five individual interview hours (i.e., no more than five interviews, no more than one hour per interview)
● no prep time hours (i.e., prep time is not to be included in reported hours)
Note: If your timelog is returned from evaluation, you are required to do an addendum. Please use the link below to access the DocuSign addendum document. Both the original timelog and the addendum timelog must be submitted with the task. Community Health Field Experience
Note: Random audits and verification of time log activities do occur. Violation of the WGU Code of Student Conduct or the Academic Authenticity Policy could result in disciplinary action.
Part 2: Social Media Campaign
Note: The “CDCynergy” web link provided in the web links section below may be useful in completing your social media campaign. The use of this web link is optional, i.e., not required.
B. Write your community health nursing diagnosis statement.
1. Explain how the health concern from your community health nursing diagnostic statement is linked to a health inequity or health disparity within the target population.
a. Discuss the primary community resources and primary prevention resources currently in place to address the health concern.
b. Discuss the underlying causes of the health concern.
2. Discuss the evidence-based practice associated with the Field Experience topic.
a. Identify data about the selected Field Experience topic from the local (e.g., county), state- Florida, and/or national level.
C. Develop a community health nursing social media campaign strategy that will convey your health message and address the Field Experience topic by doing the following:
1. Describe your social media campaign objective.
2. Recommend two population-focused social marketing interventions and justify how each would improve the health message related to your selected Field Experience topic.
3. Describe a social media platform you would use that is appropriate for communicating with the target population-Adults
a. Discuss the benefits of the selected social media platform in supporting preventative healthcare. Community Health Field Experience
4. Discuss how the target population will benefit from your health message.
D. Describe best practices for implementing social media tools for health marketing.
E. Create a social media campaign implementation plan by doing the following:
1. Describe stakeholder roles and responsibilities in implementing the plan.
2. Discuss potential public and private partnerships that could be formed to aid in the implementation of your campaign.
3. Create a specific timeline for implementing your campaign.
4. Explain how you will evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign.
5. Discuss the costs of implementing your campaign.
F. Reflect on how social media marketing supports the community health nurse’s efforts to promote healthier populations.
1. Reflect on how your social media campaign could apply to your future nursing practice.
G. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
H. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission. Community Health Field Experience