Discussion: Alterations In Cellular Processes
At its core, pathology is the study of disease. Diseases occur for many reasons. But some, such as cystic fibrosis and Parkinson’s Disease, occur because of alterations that prevent cells from functioning normally.
Understanding of signals and symptoms of alterations in cellular processes is a critical step in diagnosis and treatment of many diseases. For the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), this understanding can also help educate patients and guide them through their treatment plans Discussion: Alterations In Cellular Processes.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM – FREE PAPER NOW
For this Discussion, you examine a case study and explain the disease that is suggested. You examine the symptoms reported and explain the cells that are involved and potential alterations and impacts.
- By Day 1 of this week, you will be assigned to a specific scenario for this Discussion. Please see the “Course Announcements” section of the classroom for your assignment from your Instructor.
Post an explanation of the disease highlighted in the scenario you were provided. Include the following in your explanation:
- The role genetics plays in the disease.
- Why the patient is presenting with the specific symptoms described.
- The physiologic response to the stimulus presented in the scenario and why you think this response occurred.
- The cells that are involved in this process.
- How another characteristic (e.g., gender, genetics) would change your response discussion: Alterations In Cellular Processes.
This week, you examine cellular processes that are subject to alterations that can lead to disease. You evaluate the genetic environments within which these processes exist as well as the impact these environments have on disease.
Scenario: due by Day 3 of Week 1:
An 83-year-old resident of a skilled nursing facility presents to the emergency department with generalized edema of extremities and abdomen. History obtained from staff reveals the patient has history of malabsorption syndrome and difficulty eating due to lack of dentures. The patient has been diagnosed with protein malnutrition
Post an explanation of the disease highlighted in the scenario you were provided. Include the following in your explanation: I suggest that each bullet point be a subject heading and submit in APA format. Each bullet point should reflect a subject heading followed by subsequent content reflective of primary source(s) of reference published within the last 6 years.
. The role genetics plays in the disease.
. Why the patient is presenting with the specific symptoms described.
. The physiologic response to the stimulus presented in the scenario and why you think this response occurred.
. The cells that are involved in this process.
. How another characteristic (e.g., gender, genetics) would change your response.
Also check: Complex Regional Pain Disorder White Male With Hip Pain