Discussion: Health Promotion Strategies
On the Healthy People 2020 website, the 2020 LHI topic, Social Determinants, explains that a national indicator of health is measured by “Students who graduate with a regular diploma 4 years after starting 9th grade” (para. 11). According to the data, as a nation, are we improving or declining, and why is this important to our health as a country? Discussion: Health Promotion Strategies
P.S, please follow the instructions as it asks and answer the question.
I only need half-page and two references from Potter, P, A., Perry book and Scholar article that are less than five years of publication.
Health promotion is a set of actions to foster good health and wellbeing. It is not ‘promotion’ as in the sense of the word usually understood. Telling people how to look after their health is just one part of health promotion.
Health promotion involves action:
- to inform people of what they could do to stay healthy
- to address the things in the community that influence health and wellbeing the most, so that these can be supported.
Health promotion activities are geared toward promoting health and preventing ill-health rather than focusing on people at risk for specific diseases.
- Enables people to increase control over and improve their health
- Involves the population as a whole in the context of their everyday lives
- Activities are geared toward promoting health and preventing ill-health rather than focusing on people at risk for specific diseases Discussion: Health Promotion Strategies.
Also check: Health Issues assignment