Discussion Paper Global Perspective And The Future
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Global Health, Policy, and the Future
This assignment will be a 5 to 7-minute video or audio embedded in a PowerPoint presentation.
In the Learning Materials under Additional Resources Review:
1. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2017). Global health and the future role of the United States. -> Review TABLE S-1 Committee Recommendations and Corresponding Actions on page 3 (these come from the global health report and are global recommendations) and the four Priority Areas for Action starting on page 4 that further explain the 14 Recommendations in TABLE S-1. Discussion Paper Global Perspective And The Future
TABLE S-1 Committee Recommendations and Corresponding Actions
1 Improve international emergency response coordination.
2 Combat antimicrobial resistance.
3 Build public health capacity in low- and middle-income countries.
4 Envision the next generation of The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan
for AIDS Relief. Discussion Paper Global Perspective And The Future
5 Confront the threat of tuberculosis.
6 Sustain progress toward malaria elimination.
7 Improve survival in women and children.
8 Ensure healthy and productive lives for women and children.
9 Promote cardiovascular health and prevent cancer.
10 Accelerate the development of medical products.
11 Improve digital health infrastructure.
12 Transition investments toward global public goods.
13 Optimize resources through smart financing.
14 Commit to continued global health leadership
2. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
*Select and review ONE of the 14 Recommendations OR an SDG that align with your interests or one you feel passionate about that could significantly improve global health.
Consider what steps healthcare professionals can take to advocate for vulnerable people at a global level.
This assignment will require you to create a 5 to 7-minute video or audio recording in a PowerPoint presentation.
Reflect on global issues in healthcare and address the following in your presentation:
- Briefly describe the selected global recommendation or SDG and the identified vulnerable population
- Analyze current healthcare policies that impact your selected global recommendation or SDG
- Explain the reason you selected the global recommendation or SDG and why it is relevant to the vulnerable population.
- Discuss why the global recommendation you selected should be implemented or the SDG you selected should be achieved, including why there should be funding to implement the global recommendation or SDG.
Length: 5 to 7 minute video presentation (mp4 format) with slide presentation
Structure: Include a title, objectives, and reference slides in APA format. Your presentation must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this assignment Discussion Paper Global Perspective And The Future.