Healthcare Initiative Community Care Teams
Overview: In Module Four, you examined some of the recent initiatives aimed at improving the performance of the healthcare system. As you learned in your module readings, healthcare should be safe, effective, timely, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered. These six key dimensions form the basis for all quality and payment reform strategies implemented since the release of healthcare improvement plans. Healthcare Initiative Community Care Teams
Prompt: In this milestone, you will identify and analyze an initiative that addresses the gap you chose as the topic for your final project. Explain what the initiative is, identify the goals of the initiative, describe the circumstances around its development, and identify sources of funding.
Tip: So far in the course, you have been introduced to the Kaiser Family Foundation and Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) websites. These websites may also be helpful to you as you conduct your research on an existing initiative.
Your milestone should address each of the following points in detail:
- Explain an existing healthcare initiative that was put in place to address this gap in access.
- Explain the specific goals of the existing initiative in place to address this gap in access.
- Describe the circumstances around the development of the existing initiative. Consider when the initiative was developed and what factors wereconsidered.
- Describe the resources required to fund the existing initiative.
- Explain why the existing initiative is not meeting its intended purpose and now requires improvement.Rubric
Guidelines for Submission: Your paper must be submitted as a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font,one-inch margins, and at least three sources cited in APA format.
- https://www.kff.or Healthcare Initiative Community Care Teams