Leadership And Group Collaboration
Write a 3–4 page letter in which you analyze your leadership skills and how you would use them to lead a project requiring group collaboration.
Assessments 1 and 2 are scenario-based, so you must complete them in the order in which they are presented.
Leadership is an integral element in any job, regardless of the work title. However, it is important to recognize that leadership is not just one single skill; instead, success in leadership depends on a broad range of skills, among them decision making, collaboration, and communication.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria: Leadership And Group Collaboration
- Competency 1: Apply qualities, skills and practices used by effective healthcare leaders.
- Describe the leadership qualities desirable for the proposed project.
- Compare one’s own leadership skills against those of a chosen health care leader.
- Explain one’s role as project leader, using approaches from a selected leadership model.
- Competency 2: Apply practices that facilitate effective interprofessional collaboration.
- Describe an approach to effectively facilitate collaboration among a professional team.
- Competency 4: Produce clear, coherent, and professional written work, in accordance with Capella’s writing standards.
- Address assignment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences. Leadership And Group Collaboration
Read the Assessment 1 Scenario found in the Resources. Information in your assessment should be based on information from the scenario.
Develop a professional response to the supervisor using the template provided. The letter will have two main components:
- Identify the qualities of a successful leader and compare them to your own leadership characteristics.
- Make recommendations on how to lead and foster teamwork.
Please refer to the scoring guide for details on how you your assessment will be evaluated. Leadership And Group Collaboration
- Your letter should be 3–4 double-spaced pages in length.
- Apply correct APA formatting to all in-text citations and references.
- Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Express your main points, arguments, and conclusions coherently.
- Use correct grammar and mechanics.
- Support your claims, arguments, and conclusions with credible evidence from 2–3 current, scholarly or professional sources.
- Proofread your writing.
1- Describe leadership qualities desirable for the proposed project.
Passing Grade: Describes in detail desirable leadership qualities that are specifically appropriate for the proposed project.
2- Compare one’s own leadership skills against those of a chosen health care leader.
Passing Grade: Compares one’s own leadership skills against those of a chosen health care leader, using specific examples or actions that illustrate the similarities and differences.
3- Explain one’s role as project leader, using approaches from a selected leadership model.
Passing Grade: Explains one’s role as project leader in detail, referencing approaches from a selected leadership model with support from academic resources.
4- Describe an approach to effectively facilitate collaboration among a professional team.
Passing Grade: Describes multiple approaches to effectively facilitate collaboration among a professional team.
5- Address assignment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
Passing Grade: Presents a focused purpose through strong organizational skills. Presents evidence through strong paraphrasing/summarizing and appropriate tone and sentence structure Leadership And Group Collaboration.