Course design is guided by curriculum outcomes, and courses must be developed to ensure that students are meeting the intended outcomes. Curriculum development and course design are influenced by many factors, such as program level and setting. The course design process begins with the broad program or organizational outcomes and narrows to specific objectives to guide instruction. The purpose of this assignment is to develop a course design outline for one setting, using one health care practice. You will choose a health care practice for this assignment and build upon it throughout the course in order to achieve an understanding of the curriculum development process. NUR648 Course Design Outline
Health Care Practice
Choose a health care practice and write an explanation of the practice that includes the following:
- Summarize the health care practice you have selected.
- Locate three evidence-based articles that support your health care practice choice. Evidence-based articles chosen should not be older than 5 years.
- Provide a rationale for each article you selected, including an explanation of how the article supports your health care practice choice.
- Choose two different settings and explain how course design would be different for these settings.
NUR648: Course Design Outline
Use your health care practice to create a course design outline based on evidence-based practice for one of your selected settings according to the suggested course design process provided in the Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty textbook.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
- Submit the health care practice explanation and course design outline as one Word document. NUR648 Role of a Nurse Educator and Curriculum Development
Also check: Deliverable 3 Operations Management Challenges