For this NURS 6501 Week 1 Discussion, you examine a case study and explain the disease that is suggested. You examine the symptoms and explain the cells that are involved and potential alterations and impacts.
To prepare NURS 6501 Week 1 Discussion:
By Day 1 of this week, you will be assigned to a specific scenario for this Discussion. Please see the “Course Announcements” section of the classroom for your assignment from your Instructor.
An 83-year-old resident of a skilled nursing facility presents to the emergency department with … edema of the extremities and abdomen. History obtained from staff reveals the patient has a history of malabsorption syndrome and difficulty eating due to a lack of dentures. The patient has been … with protein malnutrition.
Day 3 of Week 1
Post an explanation of the disease in the scenario, you were provided. Include the following in your explanation:
- The role genetics plays in the disease.
- Why the patient is presenting with the specific symptoms
- The physiologic response to the stimulus presented in the scenario and why you think this response
- The cells that are in this process.
- How another characteristic (e.g., gender, genetics) would change your response?
NEXT Week Assignment: NURS 6501 Week 2 Assignment: Case Study Analysis