The NURS 6630 Week 5 Assignment
For this NURS 6630 Week 5 assignment, you will write a 5-6-page paper on the topic of bipolar and bipolar and related disorders. You will create this guide as an assignment; therefore, a title page, introduction, conclusion, and reference page are required. You must include a minimum of 3 scholarly supporting resources outside of your course-provided resources.
In your paper, you will choose one of the following diagnoses: Bipolar I, Bipolar II, Cyclothymic Disorder, Substance/Medication-Induced Bipolar and Related Disorder, or Bipolar and Related Disorder Due to Another Medical Condition. Your paper will include a discussion of your chosen diagnosis of bipolar and related disorders on the following:
- Prevalence and Neurobiology of your chosen disorder
- Discuss the differences between your chosen disorder and one other bipolar and related disorder in relation to the diagnostic criteria including presentation of symptoms according to DSM 5 TR criteria
- Discuss special populations and considerations (children, adolescents, pregnancy/post-partum, older adults, emergency care) for your chosen bipolar and related disorder; demonstrate critical thinking beyond the basics of HIPPA and informed consent with a discussion of at least one for EACH category: legal considerations, ethical considerations, cultural considerations, social determinants of health
- Discuss FDA and/or clinical practice guidelines approved pharmacological treatment options in relation to acute and mixed episodes vs maintenance pharmacological treatment for your chosen bipolar and related disorder Of the medication treatment options for your chosen disorder discuss side effects, FDA approvals, and warnings. What is important to monitor in terms of labs, and comorbid medical issues why important for monitoring
- Provide 3 examples of how to write a proper prescription that you would provide to the patient or transmit to the pharmacy.
Also, see: NRNP 6675 WK3 Assignment 2: Study Plan