Preventing Pressure Ulcers in Hospitals
Preventing Pressure Ulcers in Hospitals.
The purpose of this assignment is for the student to learn to assimilate, analyse, critique, and
summarise an original research article. Student is to select a report of a single, original study that
has been published within the last five years from the CCN Library.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to meet the following course
outcomes: Preventing Pressure Ulcers in Hospitals
CO1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO
CO2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research
studies. (POs #4 and 8)
CO4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and lab significance related to
evidence-based practice. (POs #4 and 8)
CO5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs #7 and 8)
The assignment is worth a total of 200 points.
You are to submit your paper to the Week 6 Research Article Review Dropbox by Sunday 11:59 p.m.
MT at the end of Week 6.
Through this assignment, the student will:
1. Conduct a systematic search of relevant databases to find research-based evidence related
to a nursing problem (CO 1); Student is to use the CCN library for search.
2. Critique a peer-reviewed study, indicating the research question, sample, design of study,
data collection method, findings, and limitations of each (CO 2, CO 4,)
3. Summarize the research article and evaluate the significance to nursing. (CO 3).
4. Please remember this assignment can be sent to Turning Week One draft box for review. If
you wait until late Sunday night to submit, you may not receive your feedback in time if you
need to make changes. Final submission must be in the Week 6 Assignment Dropbox and
student will not receive Turnitin results. Please read the announcement on the Turnitin
5. Article must be from CCN Library and student is required to document working permalink to Preventing Pressure Ulcers in Hospitals