Reflecting on Personal Identity and Global Citizenship
Review the Global Education and Global Citizenship video and read the article “A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes” by Stephen Reysen and Iva Katzarska-Miller. Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity and respond to the following prompts: Reflecting on Personal Identity and Global Citizenship
- Based on the video, explain the importance of educating others on global citizenship.
- Address each of the following outcomes of global citizenship as they pertain to the development of your own identity: intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world (found in the article). Explain how your environment influences these outcomes.
- Provide at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the outcomes.
- Analyze how your general education courses influenced you to become a global citizen.
- Demonstrate critical thinking by accurately interpreting the evidence (scholarly sources) provided Reflecting on Personal Identity and Global Citizenship.
- Must be 850-1,000 words in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must cite at least the three sources used for this assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style Reflecting on Personal Identity and Global Citizenship