Safety And Transportation
Communities are composed of the core, which are the people and eight subsystems. A community assessment typically starts with a windshield survey where each of the eight community subsystems are explored. This assignment is focused on helping health professional students explore the relationship of safety and transportation to determinants of health. Mayor Franklin Hill has information about safety and transportation in Sentinel City®. Officer Cooper in Acer Tech has information about neighborhood crime rates. Safety And Transportation
1. Identify safety and transportation features in a specific community
2. Describe how safety and transportation is related to a specific determinant of health
3. Describe the health impact of positive and negative characteristics of a community
4. Use current literature to provide rationale for determinant of health identified related to safety and transportation Safety And Transportation
1. Review the following resources:
a. Course textbook and/or other assigned readings
2. Meet with Mayor Hill and Officer Cooper to discuss safety and transportation as well as neighborhood crime rates.
3. Enter Sentinel City® and begin the bus tour.
4. As you tour the city, note anything in the assigned neighborhood or entire city related to safety and transportation.
5. Address each of the features in the far-left column and add two additional features. Fill in the each of the remaining columns. Safety And Transportation
6. For questions, contact your instructor
AACN Public Health Essentials
This assignment addresses the following AACN Public Health Essentials:
· Essential II: Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and Patient Safety
· Apply systems theory to PHN practice with individuals, families, and groups.
· Essential III: Essential III: Scholarship for Evidence-Based Practice
· Use epidemiologic data and the ecological perspective to identify health risks for a population.
· Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Optimizing Health
· Practice evidence-based public health nursing to promote the health of individuals, families, and groups.
· Essential IX: Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
· Use basic descriptive epidemiological methods when conducting a health assessment for individuals, families, and groups Safety And Transportation.
Also check: Financial Aspect of Health care